The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

What's Occurring?

Monday, October 13, 2014



The Pages

  • I'm kind of in a reading slump to be honest. However, I recently read Flat-Out Celeste by Jessica Park and that was AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT! I will write a proper review at some point but in the meantime, I'll just say Celeste is awesome and I think this might even top Flat-Out Love.
  • I'm currently reading: Quiet by Susan Cain, which is quite enlightening. For the commute last week, I started reading The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison but it was sooooo slow and I had to put it to one side. I tried to go back to Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins but couldn't get into that either so ended up buying Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern, which I'm enjoying so far. Phew. 


The Soundtrack

  • I really enjoyed Barbra Streisand's Partners. After listening to Guity, I ended up in a Spotify wormhole, listening to the Bee-Gees, Chicago, and Steely Dan. 
  • I like that Chris Brown and Usher song - the beat is good. I've been listening to Pills 'N Potions again as well and That's Me Right There by Jasmine V ft. Kendrick Lamar. 
  • I've also been listening to Still Sittin' Here but the grime all stars remix and Every Other Freckle and various others off the latest alt-J album, all of which are helping with the NaNo planning. 
  • Also, the soundtrack to Glue has been quite good 



The Words

  • Just thinking about NaNoWriMo really. I have a couple of ideas swirling around but nothing concrete yet.
  • I re-read my NaNoWriMo from 2012 - it was quite terrible but I'm glad I read it because I think my writing has improved since then. Especially if I compare it to my Camp NaNo from this year. 

And The Rest...

  • Chicago P.D was soooo good last week. Over here, we're up to the episode where Pupol is 'helping' the team. I can't wait for Chicago Fire to start again either. 
  • 'The longer I live, the more I realise everything is Kafka in action' - The Good Wife is still killing it. Mindy has been HILARIOUS. Looking forward to Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, How To Get Away With Murder and all the other new shows/seasons that are about to start up over here. 
  • I still haven't seen Gone Girl but maybe I'll get to it next week. If not, I guess I'll just wait for the DVD. 
  • Mila Kunis had her baby - yay - and called her Wyatt - hmm...I'm guessing that's not the child's everyday name. I'm sure celebrities use decoy names for their kids, which is very sensible. Let's hope that's true for Esmeralda Gosling...
  • Angelina Jolie was made an honorary Dame! She was round the corner from my place of work and I didn't see her - so annoying! 
  • Malala Yousafzai won the Nobel Peace Prize along with Kailash Satyarthi and Emma Watson gave a brilliant speech about feminism. It's nice to see intelligent young women pushing important causes gaining the spotlight, even if the stories are often squeezed between Kim Kardashian posts. 
  • Amalooney happened. Interested to see what they do with their combined power...
So, what have you been up to?

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!