The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Song of the Summer 2014

Friday, May 23, 2014

The staff at Vulture have already begun the search for this year's Song of the Summer. As we Brits seem to be getting a little more sun than usual these days, I thought I'd throw in my two pence. Please feel free to weigh in with your own picks - I'm always on the hunt for new music.

Rather Be - Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne

Such a cute song. It came out a while ago over her but it's so summery I'm sure we'll be blaring it until September.


Fancy - Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX

Another catchy one from Iggy. Helps that Charli XCX sounds a bit Gwen Stefani. If you're a Clueless fan you should definitely check out the video.


 Waves - Mr Probz

Bit of a mellow one but again it's getting a lot of airplay over here. Perfect for sundown.


Love Never Felt So Good - Michael Jackson ft. Justin Timberlake
The throwback sound is here to stay apparently. I bet Bruno Mars wishes he had this song. Actually, it kind of reminds me of Treasure...still, a fun one for family bbq's and whatnot.








I Will Never Let You Down - Rita Ora

I LOVE this song. It's so happy sounding and makes me smile. Rita Ora should make songs like this all of the time instead of trying to be the next Rihanna/Beyonce/Whoever.






Differentology - Bunji Garlin

Perfect for carnival. Perfect for the upcoming World Cup. 










Other Notable Mentions: Hideaway - Kiesza; Turn Down For What - DJ Snake & Lil Jon; Ready For Your Love - Gorgon City; We Are One - Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez, Claudia Leitte; My Love - Route 94, Jess Glynne; I Got U - Duke Dumont

What summery songs do you like at the moment?

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!