The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had Sequels

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is: Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels.

I thought this was going to be an easy list to create but I was wrong! Standalone books are obviously standalone for a reason, so I've mostly chosen books where I'd like an epilogue or something to find out what has happened to the memorable characters.

1. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith - Everyone wants to know what happened to the charming Cassandra, right?

2. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E.Lockhart - Frankie seems to be a polarising character but I loved her. 

3. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - How has Lennie grown? What's going on in her life these days?

4. This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers - Well, this all depends on what you think happened in the last scene. I, for one, am trying to remain positive. 

5. The Marriage Plot by Jeffery Eugenides - Took a while to get into but towards the end it seemed that Madeleine's story was only just beginning. 

6. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - Did Samantha and Jace last? How are the kids doing?

7. Commencement by J.Courtney Sullivan - Actually, this one could do with a full on, proper sequel. So much can be done with the characters. 

8. Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt - I'd like to see Jordan and Courtney: The College Years.

9. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols - Again, just a check in with Leah and the guys would be nice. 

10. Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple - There's a lot of potential for a witty sequel here. 

8 comments

  1. Oooh I have to agree with This is Not a Test for sure! I love Summers' writing, and that story was a definite favourite of mine. I can't believe I didn't list it! Great picks this week, Sophia!

    I'm your newest follower via GFC :)))) lovely blog, doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! Yeah, I really like Courtney Summers' style too - very gritty.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to check in with Sam and Jas. I loved that book. I agree that Commencement could use a sequel. And, of course, Frankie. She could be president by now...or a mob boss. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I suppose she could quite easily be either! Thanks for commenting Natalie.

      Delete
  3. I loved The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, The Sky is Everywhere, My Life Next Door and Such a Rush! I actually included Such a Rush on my TTT, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a Rush is a good one- the characters aren't too stereotypical, which makes a change. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I loved the Sky is everywhere I was very tempted to add it to my list but, I decided not to. It's good to see it on yours :) Check out My Top Ten

    I'm now following you BTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sky Is Everywhere is a special book and I wasn't sure whether or not to include it for that reason. However, my curiosity won and I had to add it. Thank you for commenting Jazmen!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!