The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Song of the Summer

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Do you follow Vulture's quest for Song of the Summer? Well, I think I've made my decision already so without further ado I present to you my Song of the Summer, domestic and international. 

Domestic: You & Me by Disclosure feat. Eliza Doolittle 


This song is just sooooo London to me. It sounds like London. It tastes like London. My London anyway - the East London/Essex borders. Disclosure remind me a little of The Streets in that they have harnessed this quintessential, nostalgic British sound and released it during a time when everything else sounds so samey. That wasn't a very good explanation but I can't quite describe it properly - music fans feel free to help me out. Oh, and way to go Eliza Doolittle!

International: Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell & T.I




Such fun! Hey hey hey. Pharrell is a genius. 

What's your song of the summer? 

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!