The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Best of 2012: Music

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Every year, like everybody else, I try and make a 'Best Of' list. However, it seems to be getting harder every year. I'm not sure what this means...nevertheless here is a selection of my favourite bits and bobs in music this year.



Albums


As with last year, I didn’t listen to too many albums- despite using Spotify a lot more than usual. However, of the ones I did listen to, these were the best:

Given To The Wild- The Maccabees
Devotion- Jessie Ware
Django Django- Django Django
Is Your Love Big Enough?- Lianne La Havas
Red- Taylor Swift
Girl On Fire- Alicia Keys
Fantasea- Azealia Banks


Songs

In no particular order, a sampling of my favourite songs of the year because there were just too many (apologies if you do not have Spotify). This will probably be the last year I do these lists because it has become too hard. We have so much music at our fingertips these days, which makes it difficult to keep track.



Live Acts


I haven’t seen many live acts this year, so the following win by default:

Dizzee Rascal, Katy B and The Wanted at the Olympic Torch concert the night before the Opening Ceremony.
Groove Armada, Kelis, Crazy P and Rita Ora at Lovebox.
Watch The Throne Tour

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!